Chapter Eight: When loved ones pass on

Preparation for passing
I know how difficult it is for you to see your loved one suffer day after day, and to watch her strength and very life fade. It's not only difficult to see her in pain, but you're also faced with the reality that she probably won't be with you much longer, and it's hard to think about what your future will be like without her.

Though your loved one suffers physically, her spirit is being prepared for a new and far better life in heaven. I am putting My peace within her and bringing her to a fuller understanding of My will and plan.
This peace and understanding is there for you too. Ask Me for faith and grace for each day, each hour, each moment. If you do that, I will give both you and your loved one all the spiritual resources you need. Though it is difficult, this time of suffering can also bring about beautiful things in the spirit. You can be closer to each other and to Me than you ever have been before.

Keep interceding for your loved one in prayer. Continue to be supportive, reassuring, and do everything you can to lift her spirits. And do not fear—I am with you both.

New beginning
Your loved one has not vanished like smoke in the wind. He has merely passed on to a new place, a new existence.
His love for you is just as strong as ever. The memories he shared with you are just as fresh in his mind and remembered even more fondly. The pain you suffered together is still there too, but now he understands what it was all for, and he accepts it.

Now you must accept it as well. You must believe that this end of his earthly life was not meant to be the end for you. He is still living, only in another realm. He is still fulfilling the purpose for which he was created, and so must you.

When the time comes for you, too, to pass from the shadows into the light, you will better understand. Then the love that you had to let go of will be with you once again. It will be the beginning of a whole new and wonderful life of love that you will share for all eternity.
In My arms
Though hearts break and tears flow on earth, in heaven there is rejoicing because this dear child of Mine is in My arms, perfectly happy and perfectly whole. Here I am able to hold him close, wipe away his tears, and show him My love. Oh, how great that love is! 
In just a little while you will be reunited. Until then, hold tightly to My hand and let Me comfort you. Remember that the one whom you love but see no more is now in a better place. He is in My presence, where he is free from all pain and problems and experiences My love without measure.

You cannot possibly imagine the love and joy and freedom that your loved one now experiences in the heavenly realm, but I can give you a little foretaste—a little glimpse of heaven and its wonders. Won't you come into My arms and experience a touch of that love? Let Me hold you close. Let Me wipe away your tears. Let Me ease your pain and mend your broken heart. Let Me carry you through this time of heartbreak and loss. Come, find sweet relief in My arms, just as your loved one has.

The journey to love
Your loved one isn't lost to you forever. She has just stepped into a different dimension. It's as though she's gone on a journey ahead of you, and one day you'll join her in that new world. It's a beautiful world, full of splendor and happiness, joy and laughter, peace and plenty—a place where dreams become reality. 

I know you're sad and sorely miss her, but please be happy for her. She's been freed from pain and found perfect love and perfect peace in Me. Though you'll have to walk the road of life without her for a time, this time apart will make your reunion in heaven all the sweeter.

Love doesn't die when a soul passes from this earth to the realm beyond. Love lives forever. Love joins hearts and transcends the boundaries that separate your worlds. Her love is a treasure you'll never lose, and so is Mine. I will comfort your heart and give you peace until the day you finish your journey and find yourself in the arms of your loved one once again.

Let the healing begin
Hers was a senseless death and not her fault. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now she's gone with no warning and no goodbyes. I know the questions you struggle with now. I know the sorrow you feel, and My heart breaks for you.

I also understand how you feel that nothing could ever compensate for your loss, yet you long for retribution; you want justice to be served. That is a natural reaction, but it won't bring your loved one back. If you seek revenge or harbor resentment, it will slowly poison your own spirit. As impossible as this may seem, as unrealistic as this may sound, the best thing you can do at this moment is forgive from your heart the one responsible. This takes the kind of forgiveness I was talking about when I told My disciples, "Love your enemies and pray for those who spitefully use you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven."1

Justice will run its course, if not in this life then in the next, but what I want you to do now is forgive. Only then will you be freed from the shackles of bitterness and only then will the emotional healing begin. I will help you if you will try.
1. Matthew 5:44-45

Peace that surpasses understanding
It's hard to lose loved ones, I know. Even if you believe that they're safe and secure in heaven, that they have joined Me, and that I watch over them lovingly, you still feel the loss. But I want to comfort you. If you will let Me, I can fill that void with love and perfect peace—peace that transcends your natural reasoning and emotions, peace that doesn't make sense in the way you usually try to make sense of things, but is wonderfully real and wonderfully comforting.
The Bible talks about a "peace that surpasses all understanding."1 This is the kind of comfort that I can give. Even when you have every reason to sorrow and despair, I can pour My soothing balm over your spirit. I can pick up the pieces of your broken heart and put it back together again. You will always love and miss the one you lost, but you don't need to feel alone or unloved or despair over your loss. I am here for you.
1. Philippians 4:7

Comfort from the realm beyond
The only sadness that could possibly spoil the joy of those who come home to Me is that of seeing loved ones grieving and finding no comfort. Your beloved wants to reach out and comfort you now, and he can within certain limits.

He has left the physical plane, but he is still very much alive in the spiritual one. He is still himself, he still loves you, he still feels your love, and it is possible for you to still feel his love too. He still wants to be a part of your life—not only through your memories, but also through his spiritual presence. Just as My Spirit is ever present and you can hear My voice from the spiritual realm, so is the spirit of your loved one alive and so is he able to touch you from this realm.

Your spirits are still connected. Those times when you feel him near, when you sense his presence and can almost hear his voice or think his thoughts, that's because he is near. I've created a means by which you can remain connected with your loved one in spirit. He continues to watch over you from the realm beyond.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário